Monday, September 11, 2017

Kickin' the 2nd week of September off with a $72.65 profit Monday!

So although my I did manage to have a green day today which was pleasing; once again I left a lot of profits on the table mainly on account of not following my trade management rules!

First trade I took was in $KURA; long the break of pre-market high:


I left at least $30-$40 on the table from this trade as I really should have locked in 1/2 in the $13.40's.  Also I should have been quicker to close out the trade at break even instead of 15 cents below my entry.

The second trade I took was short $MRNS on the first 1-minute pullback then doubling up my short position on the second 1-minute pullback:


If I'd have followed my trading rules: my first cover would have been around $4.39ish instead of at $4.59. So that's $50 I left on the tablet there. Then my second cover which I took at $4.61 really should have been around $4.21 instead. Which means that with this cover I left another $100 or so on the table. 

In total; poor trade management today resulted in an opportunity cost of roughly $180-$190 in profits! Now don't get me wrong; I am grateful that I'm starting to see more green days than red days which means that I am progressing towards becoming a better trader. However, I know that the potential is there for me to achieve even greater profits. 

So going forward; I'm going to try my very best to focus on the process aka stick to my rules as I know that the end result will be bigger profits at the end of the week/month!




No comments:

Post a Comment

MY DAY TRADING RULES

I will ONLY put stocks BREAKING OUT OF DAILY CONSOLIDATIONS TO NEW HIGHS OR NEW LOWS ON HIGH RELATIVE VOLUME from my DAY TRADING SCAN into m...