Saturday, September 9, 2017

2nd successive green week...+$90.83

On the positive side of things, I ended the first week of September green with profits of $90.83 after commissions. Also this is my 2nd green week in a row which is the first time I've been able to do this since I started day trading with this small SureTrader account in May of this year. 

On the downside however, I really failed to capitalise on a great start to the week and some big opportunities on Thursday and Friday; namely $NLNK and $KURA. By the close of Wednesday; I was already up $300+ on the week! So I was really excited to end the week strong and push for gains in excess of $500+. I couldn't have ended the week worse. I ended up letting a short trade get away from me right at the open on Thursday hitting my max daily stop before $NLNK popped up on my scanners. Then on Friday; I ended up trading like a head less chicken; nailing neither $KURA nor $NLNK despite having both on watch and anticipating big moves in both of them. 

In terms of my trading statistics though there was some mild improvement in my accuracy. I took 12 trades for the week with an accuracy of 50%. Not quite the 60% I would like to see but still better than the 46% I managed last week and the 30's I'd been managing in the weeks prior. My win/loss ratio on the other hand fell off from 1.57 last week to 1.15 this week but this was mainly due to that one big loss that I got away from on Thursday in $ALNY. Otherwise this ratio would have been on or about that 1.5 area I like to shoot for. 

So going forward; I will implement the tweaks from the lessons I've learnt this week and I believe my trading statistics and consequently profits will improve!





No comments:

Post a Comment

MY DAY TRADING RULES

I will ONLY put stocks BREAKING OUT OF DAILY CONSOLIDATIONS TO NEW HIGHS OR NEW LOWS ON HIGH RELATIVE VOLUME from my DAY TRADING SCAN into m...