I shorted 400 shares of SSRX @ $11.60 with my stop loss at $12.00. My intention was to get in at $11.70 but after years of experience I now know it is better to get long/short immediately rather than quibble over a few cents slippage. Further, gaps in the direction of your intended entry is confirmation that you are likely on the right side at least in the short term.
I also wanted to enter CMFO short but discovered that margin is not offered on it. So I passed on this trade. Besides I believe I have sufficient short exposure and I am not yet willing to put more money at risk. In addition, I see a couple stocks are setting up in beautiful potential long patterns like MSPD, CRUS, LSCC and CELM. So I want some buying power available for a bit of long exposure in case the markets make a short term bounce.
Journal of my thoughts and trades on the path towards achieving a consistent monthly income from day trading!
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
MY DAY TRADING RULES
I will ONLY put stocks BREAKING OUT OF DAILY CONSOLIDATIONS TO NEW HIGHS OR NEW LOWS ON HIGH RELATIVE VOLUME from my DAY TRADING SCAN into m...
-
I sold my two overnight positions early in the session and went to 100% cash. $VSAT I took a flat on after being up nicely at Tuesday's ...
-
Although in some ways the PDT rule can be a curse in that it limits you from making more than 3 day trades in a rolling 5 day period. The li...
No comments:
Post a Comment